We built up a bit of a podcast backlog, so I welded two of them together to form a giant, unwieldy Megazord-style show. Mike was in Japan while we recorded these episodes, so we got a bunch of guests to fill-in. For the first half, Paul Norman of Coffee’s Mom and Anthony Rogers of The Action Cast join us for an indie games discussion. Specifically, we cover Angry Birds, Get Rich or Die Gamin’, Tempura of the Dead, Mine Craft, Cave Story and Treasure Treasure. We also share tales from the wastelands of Fallout: New Vegas and decide that Costume Quest is every bit as charming as everyone says it is.
The second half guests are Andy Keener and almost-Alex Reo, who unfortunately gets disconnected about 15 minutes in. In this half, Andy tells us about his experience testing Microsoft’s Kinect and talks about Arcania: Gothic 4 and Risen. We also discuss how tute (like cute, only more so) Kirby’s Epic Yarn is and how rad Gradius Gaiden is. Andy picks the album of the week (Go Periscope’s eponymous debut) and the rest of us crap on it a little.
- Play Cave Story and check out Pixel’s other games
- Functioning Computer in Mine Craft
- Columbia of Bioshock Infinite recreated in Mine Craft
- Kinect Elbow
- Janelle Monáe
- Mr. Bungle “Stubb (a Dubb)”
- Charles Mingus “Bird Calls”
- Big Boi feat. George Clinton “Fo Yo Sorrows”
- Mississippi Fred McDowell “You Got to Move”
- Foreigner “Juke Box Hero”
- Graduis Gaiden OST “Into the Crystal Cage”
- Go Periscope “Dream This Dream”